What is the real price of the Budapest funicular in 2023?

Budapest Guide Forums Everything about Budapest What is the real price of the Budapest funicular in 2023?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thomas
      Participant

I read some topics claiming that it is extremely expensive, is it really so? Is it worth it?

• #18423 Reply
      Budapest Guide
      Keymaster

The price is currently 4000 HUF. That includes the fee for travel in both directions. There is no such thing as a one-way ticket, meaning that you need to pay this fee no matter if you want to travel only one direction. The children’s ticket is 2000 HUF (3-14 years).

Is it worth it? The trip lasts for approximately 90 seconds. A similar funicular in Zagreb that lasts for 60 seconds is priced at 0,6 euros (which is 300 HUF). Honestly, I don’t think it is worth it, I’d rather use my legs and skip the line and reach the top faster, with more money left in my wallet, and I even burnt some calories in the process.

The funicular operates between 8.00 and 22.00.

• #20950 Reply
      Bryan

The price is an absolute joke. At 2000 HUF for one journey it would be expensive but not entirely unreasonable. But no they only sell 4000 HUF two way tickets which is for 60s journey time and most people will only go up and walk back down. You could get a taxi from anywhere in Budapest to the top and it would probably be cheaper. They rely on tourists who have no idea what 4000 HUF actually costs and are too hot or confused to realise what bad value it is.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #18423 in What is the real price of the Budapest funicular in 2023?
Your information:

Cancel