Is the tax-free store at Budapest Airport cheaper than in the city?

Guide de Budapest Forums Everything about Budapest Is the tax-free store at Budapest Airport cheaper than in the city?

Étiqueté : ,

• Ce sujet contient 2 réponses, 1 participant et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Micahdulty, le il y a 1 jour.
Vous lisez 2 fils de discussion
  • Auteur
      BudaQuestions
      Invité

Tax-free is supposed to be cheap, but is it cheaper to purchase a bottle of wine, some Unicum, and other snacks such as chocolate bars, perfume, and similar products at the airport, compared to buying them at grocery stores, perfume stores, and other stores in the city of Budapest? Can anyone help me out on this one?

• #22005 Répondre
      Budapest Guide
      Maître des clés

It has taken me some time, but I have done some research on the topic and compared the prices of some chocolate, deodorants, and spirits. What did I discover?

In general, Budapest Airport is more expensive than the cheapest options you will find in Budapest or ordering online. While a Milka chocolate of 250 gram will cost you 5 Euro at the airport (2000 HUF), the price of the same chocolate in a grocery store is between 2,5 and 3 euros.

If you want to buy Unicum, the traditional Hungarian herbal alcohol drink, the price is closer to one another, but it is normally cheaper to buy in Auchan, Tesco, or a similar store compared to the airport.

If you want to buy Hugo Boss perfume, it is still cheaper to order online or buy from a somewhat cheap perfume store in Budapest.

All in all, it is cheaper in Budapest, but if you find something on sale at the airport, there might be money to save.

• #22006 Répondre
      Budapest Guide
      Maître des clés

But, let me add that if you need to buy an additional suitcase for lots of money to bring drinks, perfume and chocolate home from BUdapest, you might be better off buying them for a little bit more at the airport, but without having to pay a lot to bring an extra suitcase from Budapest!

Vous lisez 2 fils de discussion
Répondre à : Is the tax-free store at Budapest Airport cheaper than in the city?
Vos informations :