The sun is shining, it’s 15-20 degrees and you are in Budapest. It is a normal spring day in the capital of Hungary. Here follows some advices on how to spend such a day in Budapest. This might be a real top 10 list of activities, but rather a list with ideas for different nice activities that can be done on a sunny spring day in Budapest.
Ten nice spring activities in Budapest
1) Cross the Elisabeth Bridge and walk to the top of the Gellert Hill. Make some marvelous pictures!
3) Budapest Zoo! Great place to be when the sun is shining.
4) Travel with the Libegő (chairlift) between Zugliget and John Hill (János hegy). Get there using bus 291 from Nyugati Pályaudvar. Afterwards enjoy the fresh air and the view from the Elisabeth tower.
5) Buy some sun lotion and swim in the outdoor pools of the Szechényi Thermal Bath
6) Do a half-day trip to Szentendre with shopping, wine, marcipan and food
7) See Budapest from the Danube while on a dinner cruise
8) Sit down somewhere and try to learn some useful Hungarian phrases. Below you can find some suggestions.
9) Get more knowledge about the different special drinks from Hungary in our „Drinks of Hungary” program
10) Smile to the people around you, simply because life is good and Budapest is beautiful!
Some useful and some useless Hungarian phrases:
– Süt a nap (the sun is shining)
– Kérek egy hosszú kávét (a long coffee please)
– Hol van McDonalds? (where is McDonalds)
– A nevem Bill Clinton (my name is Bill Clinton)
– Nagyon szépek a jegesmedvek (the polar bears are really nice)