Budapest is a city full of museums for all tastes. At this page we will describe the most “normal” museums where tourists drop by. In the museum descriptions you can read about the permanent exhibitions of the museum, and sometimes we will also review the temporary exhibitions in the same museum.
According to a definition a museum is “a non-profit, permanent institution in the service of society and its development, open to the public, which acquires, conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits the tangible and intangible heritage of humanity and its environment for the purposes of education, study and enjoyment.” As you come to Budapest we would like you to go home with more knowledge than when you came, and a place of gaining such knowledge is in a museum (or maybe a guided tour with us).
Nice things to know about the museums in Budapest
Museums in Budapest
- Art Hall
- Budapest History Museum
- Electrotechnical museum
- Holocaust Museum
- Hungarian National Museum
- Marcipan Museum
- Museum of Applied Arts
- Museum of Ethnography
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Military History
- National Gallery
- Natural History Museum
- Southeast Asian Gold Museum
- Terror House
Latest Museum news from Budapest
- February 19, 2020Three amazing upcoming art-exhibitions in Budapest!
- October 16, 2019Surrealism in the National Gallery (until October 20th)
- October 10, 2019Rembrandt and his pupils – an art exhibition in Budapest
- April 29, 2016Picasso exhibition
- May 5, 2015Matthias church exhibition